Weight for marriage

She travels with me in the local train sometimes. I try sitting close to her to observe. Always holding on to her mobile phone close to her ear. Always talking about one thing - marriage!

She is fat, stout and with acne generously sprinkled across her face. She is loud and she desperately wants a husband.

I listen to her having an animated conversation with someone -

"Have you registered at Shaadi.com? No?? I have signed up at both Shaadi.com and Bharat Matrimony. Shaadi.com is hopeless. I don't get any responses only! Bharat Matrimony.com is suuuuuuperb! I got 3 responses the very day I registered! You must register yourself there. You are also 24 years old now. Start looking..."

I had to get off the train on the next station. I felt as though I was being pulled out of a theatre playing my favourite movie!

Two days later, I found myself sitting next to her again. What luck! This time she was talking to a prospective groom.

"Did you get the horoscopes matched? Oh! I haven't. I will ask my mother to do so. Yes, yes! We will meet. What will you be wearing? Okay. I'll be in a pink salwar kameez. Where will we meet? Oh ok...Barista is fine. See you! Bye."

I was a little dissappointed. I still had a station to go. She could have spoken more to that poor chap on the other end!

My joy knew no bound when I boarded the same train as her the very next day. She was standing on the foot-board. Inspite of the compartment being empty, I chose to stand close to her. I guessed that this time she was having a heart to heart with a friend.

"You know what? My father refused to let me inside the house yesterday. He said - first go to the gym and then come home. I was so hungry but I still went to the gym. What to do...If I want to get married, I have to go to the gym"

?

Gym when fat, slim when marriage and blimp after marriage!

What will happen to her?

Let's weight and watch!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Life...

Understanding God

Ooty - Beauty, Tea and Spooky!