Style Sheet

Humans are not born with clothes on. We all know that, don't we? Somewhere in the past, some bright human thought of covering his body. More so for protecting himself from the heat and cold. From leaves to cloth to robes and elaborate costumes, man is backsliding now! I see more and more people - read girls, in less and less clothes. Look for the bare necessities, forget about your worries and your strife!

There was a time when I never found clothes that were made for petite structured people like myself. Now there are such tiny clothes available that I wonder if people like me would ever be able to get into them. Surprisingly, all girls fit into them. Tighter the clothes, better it is. Don't they feel uncomfortable? When I observe some of them at the railway station (my favourite observation ground), I feel they do feel the discomfort but fashion rules rule. It's ok if they can't walk with those heels or those tight denims. Rules rule! All the girls look the same. As my client says - cookie cutter images.

Back to college days, we were known for being 'outlandishly' dressed. But that too was our style. All of us in art school wore our own style and were hardly ruled by fashion. Khadi kurtas, torn jeans with blobs of paint splashed all across, t-shirts over salwars and many such odd things that made us individuals.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Life...

Understanding God

Ooty - Beauty, Tea and Spooky!