"Booty" Parlour

I was at an Ahmedabad beauty parlour two days ago. It's run by a middle aged lady in her home which is very close to where I live. There were two other ladies before me who were waiting for their turn. The lady finished with them and called me. On completing my services, I was on my way out only to discover that my Dr. Scholl's that I had removed outside her house had dissapeared.

I could only see the Rs.2500 tag in front of my eyes as I went back inside the house and asked the lady if she knew the ladies who had come before me. I was relieved to know that one of them lived in another wing of the building I stayed in. The other one was an old lady and the beautician only knew the name of the building she lived in. I thought I should tackle them one at a time.

Like a true detective, I reached my building wearing the footwear of "one of the two" and asked around for this lady. I located her flat and was thoroughly disappointed on finding out that she hadn't run away wearing my footwear. I called the beautician again to find out the other lady's building name. "Om Shanti" it was. I really hoped I'd find some peace on reaching there! I went round and round in circles trying to locate "Om Shanti" in the huge society of houses. At last I met an old woman on the empty street who showed me the right way. But on reaching there,I found that her door was locked and the "footwear lady" wasn't home. As I was returning back wearing that lady's footwear, I almost cursed by luck, when suddenly I saw someone waving a hand at me from far. It was late in the evening and there was not enough light on the street. Ah! I blessed my stars when I saw it was the same lady in the beauty parlour. She rushed to me and said she was extremely sorry for wearing my footwear in her state of hurry. We exchanged our footwear and was I glad to get my Rs. 2500 "booty" back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Life...

Understanding God

Ooty - Beauty, Tea and Spooky!