My Little Innocent Darling :-)

I am in tears. I can't help but cry. My child has started formal school now. They look so young and innocent in their new uniforms. Seeing them with these school bags, lunch boxes and water bottles, my heart can't help but weep. Their childhood is going. Indian schooling puts too many responsibilities on tiny shoulders.

Today was the second day of school and the last day that the parents could leave them till the classroom. As I made him sit on a chair, he waited for a familiar face to sit next to him with his eyes wide and searching. The class's naughty boy came and sat next to him and he went quiet. Suddenly, the naughty boy got up from there and went elsewhere. Just then, my little one's best pal came and sat next to him. and he smiled and looked up at me and waved me goodbye.

With moist eyes, I left.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Life...

Monster

Understanding God