Radha and Krishna and my revelation

Non Hindus often comment on how Hindu Gods are flirts and ladies men. They specially point a finger towards Lord Krishna. It's immature to think so low of Some power who is so Up there. Usually the talk is about how Krishna used to dance and sing and romance with Radha who was older than Him. Frankly, I too wondered, not about Lord Krishna's character, of course. But why He and Radha are a symbol of love and why He romanced a girl who was older than Him.

And just two days back, my son was watching this beautiful animated episode of Little Krishna on TV. Seeing the images of Radha and Krishna together, I started singing the hymn that Paramhansa Yogananda often sang -

"Spirit and Nature Dancing Together
Radhe Radhe Radhe Govind Jaya"


Suddenly a realisation dawned upon me. There are some things that we must understand from within. Krishna is the symbol of Nature - that is our body and whatever that is ephemeral. Radha is the Spirit - our soul, that which is eternal and undying. The body can be young but the soul of that body could be a million years old, only trapped in a transient state. Thus, making the soul ever so young. And the togetherness of these two is what our life is all about. Radha is older because she signifies the undying, everlasting soul and Krishna signifies that the body can be younger but what lies inside is the soul.

I don't know if I'm actually making sense when I write about this here. But the fact is that I have understood the mystery in the depths of my being. Hope this revelation stays with me - and my soul...forever.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Life...

Understanding God

Ooty - Beauty, Tea and Spooky!