You Live On

Of two little princes
Riding on their horses
Serpent studded with a jewel

Of mermaids deep under water

And magical lunch boxes

That gave one what he tells

Of a fat li'l fellow

Spoilt by his mother

His bag full of laddoos

And a monkey for a brother

Of two different boys

One good and one bad

One read the books

Other tore ones he had
Of moon chariots

And parties on the clouds
Of learning lessons

And making your parents proud

Of thumb sized husbands

Who travelled in wive's wallets

And thumb sized wives

Who sat in shirt pockets
.

Who says you have gone

My dear Father?

You very much live on

In stories that you told us

Now I pass them to my son.


For My DAD. On his 75th birthday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Life...

Understanding God

Ooty - Beauty, Tea and Spooky!