Understanding God

I've read a lot about how one should think of God as a Mother. Paramhansa Yogananda has spoken many times about this but it was difficult for me to take God as a parent - untill I became a mother. He said one should leave everything to God. Submit yourself and depend solely on Him. He knows what's good and bad for you. I feel only a mother can truly understand this concept and I am glad I was not born a man.

When my baby finds comfort in my arms, I feel I should find this comfort in God.

When my baby depends on me completely - for changing his wet nappies to making him go to sleep, I feel I should depend completely on God for my daily requirements.

When I intuitively come to know there's something wrong with my baby, I feel God too must surely know when I'm in trouble and help me.

When I give a bitter medicine to my baby in time of sickness, I feel God too must be giving me difficulties so that I can come out being a stronger person.

When I wipe the tears from my baby's cheeks, I feel God will be there for me in my trying times.

And when I smile at my baby when he gives me that special toothless grin, filled with love unexplanable, I feel God too would be smiling at me to share my happiness.

Now I understand Mother God.

Comments

Dr Sonal Jomraj said…
Wow Pauravi!!

I never thought of it this way..i guess taking care of two doesn't leave me time for deeper insights.

Though lately I have started leaving all my troubles on God...never thought of God as a woman...always picturise Shankar Mahadev when I think of God, and I know He wants the best for me, always.

But your insight is quite fresh, quite thought-provoking. Its given me a different perspective on the Almighty.

Thanks for opening my heart further

:-)

Sonal
Pauravi Bhatt said…
Hey Sonal,

Thanks again for the comment.

It's not about taking God to be a man or a woman. It's about God having the quality of a Mother - whether a Man or a Woman...
Dr Sonal Jomraj said…
I got that :-)

It's just that my Mother God happens to be Shiva

:-)

But very nicely put

Popular posts from this blog

In My Life...

The Sting of all time!