The Struggle

I guess all of us have struggled zealously for something or the other in life. I have seen people struggle in my own family. Some struggle for success, some for a name, some for love, some for progeny, some for happiness, some for companionship, some just to keep alive.

One struggle. Many reasons. The outcome always bright and encouraging - if one doesn't give up. As one story told by Paramhansa Yogananda goes - Two frogs fall into a big milk container. Both keep struggling, shaking their hands and legs without stopping, trying to get out. One of them gets tired and gives up. He drowns. The other one continues only to find the milk curdled into butter much later and jumps out. What an encouraging story this is!

I'd like to quote a line from The Little Prince yet again. I just can't get over this simple little book. Whenever I pick it up I read something so wonderful in it.

There is a small rose in the book who is lonely where it lives and struggling to keep itself alive for the Little Prince it loves.

The rose says something so very profound -

"I have to put up with a few caterpillars if I want to see butterflies."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Life...

Understanding God

Ooty - Beauty, Tea and Spooky!