Hu Parinaaz Chheu!

And what does that mean? It simply means - 'I am Parinaaz'.

Now why would I say that? You got to take a look at me to know why!

It's been years and years since I've been mistaken for a Parsi. The area where my college was located, was populated by the Parsis. When my friends told me that I looked very 'Parsi-ish', I laughed it off. But when the Parsis in the area took me for their own kind, I had to believe it! What made them say this? Or rather, what makes everyone still say it? Is it my long, pointed nose? Is it my complexion? Is it the way I talk? What is it about me that makes me look like a Zorastrian? This is something I can't put my finger on.

The only person who doesn't think I look like a 'baawi' is my husband. He had to change his mind when his own relatives thought I looked like one! Now whenever we pass the Parsi Dairy Farm, he points it out to me. Whenever he sees a Fire temple, he asks me if I want to go in! He even asked me if I wanted to go and stay in the Parsi Colony!

I think this calls for a name change. Parinaaz, step over!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In My Life...

Understanding God

Ooty - Beauty, Tea and Spooky!